- 1 Inglewood Farm’s organic free range whole chicken
- 0.5kg potatoes, peeled
- 1 lemon, washed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- Fresh thyme, handful
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, handful
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Rub the chicken inside and out with generous amount of salt and pepper. Set aside until ready cook.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place them, the peeled garlic cloves and whole washed lemon in the boiling water. Cook for 12 minutes then drain. For crispier roast potatoes, allow them to dry for 1 min. Toss the potatoes in the pot while still hot so their outsides become slightly roughed.
- Now rub the chicken all over with olive oil. Pierce the cooked lemon a dozen times with a knife. Push the lemon, cooked garlic cloves, and thyme into the chicken cavity. Gently tie the chicken drumsticks together with cooking string.
- Place the chicken into a roasting tray, cover with foil, and cook in the preheated oven for approx 45 minutes. Remove the foil and discard. Place the potatoes and rosemary leaves in the roasting tray. Roll the potatoes in the roast juices. Cook for a further 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes golden.
- Once cooked carefully remove the lemon and garlic of the cavity of the chicken. Cut the lemon in half and crush the garlic.
- Transfer the chicken, potatoes and lemon on to a serving tray. Sprinkle the crushed garlic on top. Carve to serve.