- 1 large Inglewood Organic Chicken breast
- 1 can (400g) low fat coconut milk
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 100g vermicelli noodles, softened with boiling water and drained, left to cool
- 1/2 continental cucumber, de-seeded and cut on an angle
- 1/4 wombok OR ice berg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a saucepan, add chicken breast, coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, before turning heat down low. Cook chicken for approximately 10-15 minutes. Remove from liquid and set aside to cool. Reserve half a cup of liquid for dressing. Whisk in one teaspoon of palm sugar and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cooled vermicelli noodles, cucumber, wombok or lettuce, mint leaves, chilli and bean sprouts and toss together.
- When chicken has cooled slightly, chop roughly, or pull with a fork to create shreds. Add chicken to other ingredients, along with chopped peanuts and toss together.
- Pour dressing on top of salad, toss for a final time and serve.
- Taste the dressing before pouring on to salad, and add more fish sauce or lime juice if you would like a more intense flavour.
Red chilli flakes could be substituted for fresh chilli.
- Other vegetables, such as julienned carrots or thinly sliced capsicum would also be suitable additions to this salad, as well as coriander.
- To enhance the flavours of your poaching liquid, ginger and lemongrass would work perfectly with the other ingredients.
Recipe from Eatnik