Prep Time 15 mins
Baking Time 30-40 mins
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 6 chicken drumsticks (or breast, thighs, wings or an assortment)
- Assorted root vegetables chopped into chunks (eg. carrots, sweet potato, beetroot and zucchini)
- 2 cups Inglewood Organic Bone Broth
- ½ tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- a few sprigs of thyme, rosemary and or sage
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line your pan with baking paper, if using. Pour in melted coconut oil and spread around the bottom of the pan.
2. Place the chicken in the baking dish/pan and turn over to coat a little with the coconut oil. If the chicken has skin bake skin side up. Place all the veggies in the baking dish/pan and turn a little to coat with oil and pour in the chicken both.
3. Generously sprinkle with salt, pepper and a few sprigs of fresh herbs. Tuck some of the herbs under the chicken and veggies for added flavour. Bake for approx. 30 – 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender and golden. You may need to cover with a little baking paper while baking if they are browning too quickly.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. Serve with a grain dish and salad if desired. The leftovers will keep for up to 4 days refrigerated.