For the meatballs:
- 500g Inglewood Organic Chicken mince
- 3 tsp organic miso paste
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 2cm cube ginger, minced
- 2 stalks spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- Cracked black pepper to taste
For the soba noodle salad:
- 100g organic soba noodles
- 60mL mirin
- 60mL rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp organic miso paste
- 1/2 tsp organic tamari
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 cup frozen edamame beans, cooked and de-shelled
- 1 bunch broccolini, blanched
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken mince, miso paste, garlic, ginger, spring onions, honey and pepper until all ingredients are well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight, or for a minimum of 2hrs, until the mince mixture is firm and pliable.
- Roll meatballs into balls and place on a baking paper-lined tray. Using two fingers, press down each ball to flatten slightly. Preheat your barbeque or grill, and cook meatballs for approximately 20 minutes, turning once in between. Cover with aluminium foil to keep warm while you prepare the soba salad.
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. For the dressing, place miso paste, tamari, honey, sesame oil and ginger in a small jar, screw on the lid and shake to emulsify. Alternatively, add all dressing ingredients a bowl, and whisk vigorously.
- Pour dressing over soba noodles and toss to disperse evenly. Twirl soba noodles on to your serving dish. Pile on edamame beans and broccolini before adding your desired amount of meatballs. Serve. Dish can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
Recipe from Eatnik